So far we’ve seen that obviously I take a concentrated look at the major currency pairs, and look to find trends / movements within. The other “futures market symbols” listed yesterday give me the goods on the major commodities such as oil, gold and silver – as well a good look at what I refer to as my “risk barometer” being the SP 500 and the Dow.
Other Things I Monitor:
- APPL (As a market leader – I always keep an eye on movement here).
- XLK, XLE, XLV, XLB, XLI and the entire family of U.S Market Sector ETF’s in this series.
- EWA,EWC,EWD,EWZ and the entire family of MSCI Ishares ETF’s in this series.
- $TRAN – I watch the transports.
- FTSE – I watch the London Exchange.
- TLT – Ishares 20 Year Bond Fund.
Considering that I use two separate charting platforms (one for currency trading and another for stocks and options) this is pretty simple to follow – as the majority of these are listed in separate “watch lists” within the Think or Swim platform. A quick “click and a glance” and one can easily see movement across a wide range of asset classes.
I spend the majority of my time with the currencies on Metatrader 4, but this is the full list of most “anything and everything else” I make sure to keep an eye on day-to-day.
Next we can have a quick look at how to put some of this information together in order to formulate a reasonable idea of where the market is at – and possibly going next.
“use two separate charting platform” it is good, because, persons like me, do not use Forex, litle account, are more easy to follow. Many thanks JO
You bet Jose – any other questions, feel free to ask!