So far we’ve seen that obviously I take a concentrated look at the major currency pairs, and look to find trends / movements within. The other “futures market symbols” listed yesterday give me the goods on the major commodities such as oil, gold and silver – as well a good look at what I refer to as my “risk barometer” being the SP 500 and the Dow.
Other Things I Monitor:
- APPL (As a market leader – I always keep an eye on movement here).
- XLK, XLE, XLV, XLB, XLI and the entire family of U.S Market Sector ETF’s in this series.
- EWA,EWC,EWD,EWZ and the entire family of MSCI Ishares ETF’s in this series.
- $TRAN – I watch the transports.
- FTSE – I watch the London Exchange.
- TLT – Ishares 20 Year Bond Fund.
Considering that I use two separate charting platforms (one for currency trading and another for stocks and options) this is pretty simple to follow – as the majority of these are listed in separate “watch lists” within the Think or Swim platform. A quick “click and a glance” and one can easily see movement across a wide range of asset classes.
I spend the majority of my time with the currencies on Metatrader 4, but this is the full list of most “anything and everything else” I make sure to keep an eye on day-to-day.
Next we can have a quick look at how to put some of this information together in order to formulate a reasonable idea of where the market is at – and possibly going next.